Released on: 2019/03/28
Released on: 2019/03/27
- Use the
appdirslibrary to get the cache directory. Could change the default data location on all platforms. Locations are compatible with the XDG Base Directory Specification (#45)
- Add method
Pooch.is_availableto check remote file availability (#50)
Pooch.registry_filesproperty to get a name of all files in the registry (#42)
Pooch.get_urla public method to get the download URL for a given file (#55)
- Drop support for Python 3.5. Pooch now requires Python >= 3.6. (#52)
- Add a private method to check if a file is in the registry (#49)
- Fix typo in the
This release contains contributions from:
- Santiago Soler
- Rémi Rampin
- Leonardo Uieda
Released on: 2018/11/15
- Fix unwanted
~directory creation when not using a
Released on: 2018/10/31
- Avoid copying of files across the file system (#33)
- Correctly delete temporary downloads on error (#32)
Released on: 2018/08/30
- Check if the local data folder is writable and warn the user instead of crashing (#23)
Released on: 2018/08/20
- Fist release of Pooch. Manages downloading sample data files over HTTP from a server
and storing them in a local directory. Main features:
- Download a file only if it’s not in the local storage.
- Check the SHA256 hash to make sure the file is not corrupted or needs updating.
- If the hash is different from the registry, Pooch will download a new version of the file.
- If the hash still doesn’t match, Pooch will raise an exception warning of possible data corruption.